Monday, July 7, 2008

Wedding weekend...


This weekend I not only celebrated the Fourth of July, I also attended my niece’s wedding. She resembled an angel in white, gliding down the aisle to her future husband. The synagogue was packed with a crowd of 600 guests, making me grateful for the presence of my soon-to-be-ex-husband. We watched as our daughter, a flowergirl, smiled to us in the crowd. She looked so proud to be in the wedding party. That was definitely the highlight of my weekend. I gave the only advice I could – keep the spontaneity between you – and always put your friendship on the front burner. What would your advice have been?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I got married I remember a relative writing a beautiful card - that said something on the order of: a marraige is hard work - but if you work at it with time and love - having a partner in life will be ultimately rewarding.

Dulcinea said...

Remember: just because you're married doesn't mean you have to become a husband and a wife.

Anonymous said...

The best advice I can think of is to make time for each other - that seems easy at first, but life can sometimes get in the way. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Tiffany said...

Honestly, my advice would have been: You are so lucky to have found each other - remember that.

Unknown said...

I have to agree completely with Tiffany. One should always be grateful because there are those who never have the opportunity to walk down that aisle to their loved one.

Anonymous said...

Have communication open between the two of you by leaving post-it note around the house, so you would know the other person are thinking about you. Also talk to each other about feelings that had been holding inside because one day, those feeling would come out at the wrong place at the wrong time which would make the situation harder to deal with.